Thursday, April 24, 2008

Play list:
1) Kid Frost "La Raza"
2) Lil Rob "California"
3)South Park Mexican "Block of Rock"
4) Cypress Hill "Tequila Sunrise"
5) 2mex "The Return of Fernandomania"
6) Delinquent Habits "The Kind"
7) Chingo Bling "Walk Like Cleto"
8) Diamonique feat. Lil Rob, Kid Frost and Scoop Deville "Still 4 The Raza"
9) Big Pun feat. Fat Joe "Twinz"
10) Lil Coner "No Love"
11) Fat Joe & Terror Squad "Lean Back"
12) N2Deep "Back to the Hotel"

For my mixed tape I chose the songs and artists based on the fact that they are all good representatives of Chicano Rap. I felt that it was very important to show the full spectrum of what Chicano Rap is. After listening to all of the songs and looking at the names of the artists and the songs it can be seen that Chicano rappers are proud of their history and culture as they make sure it is represented in their music. The song by Fat Joe does not follow this as much since he is more mainstream, but I felt it was important to include him in order to see the entire picture. I hope you enjoy listenting to the mixed tape as I believe it is an entertaining and educational experience.

No comments: